Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hooray for Baseball

When I first saw this Happy Bird die I thought of "Hooray for You!" He looks like he is excited about something.

I thought it would be fun to make him yellow like a canary. I also used the CottageCutz Edger die called Flowervine. I wanted the flowers to be the same on both side so I trimmed the middle out and overlapped them make it the perfect size for my card. I also used to pearl for the centers of my flowers.

For my baseball card I used the CottagCutz Baseball mini die ( I love these things!) to create this baseball birthday card that would be great for just about any age. The stitching in the baseball has little dimples that you can color in for your stitches. I lightly inked the edges with some Tea Dye Distress ink.

4 comments:

Shar said...

What a great idea, Kay. The bird is so sweet in canary yellow. And the baseballs make a great border on the boy birthday card. Nice work, as always!!!

Ruth Ellen said...

Great cards!! Your little birdie looks so adorable and love seeing him a different color!! I can't wait to play now and see what other colors I can make this little birdie :)

Janice W. said...

These are great cards Kay! Love the way you colored that happy bird! So sweet!

Nikki Foraker said...

They are both SUPER CUTE!!! We are HUGE Chicago Cubs fans here...so I gotta come up with a Cubbie related baseball card. ☺

♥ Nikki ♥