Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Adapt-a-tion

If you saw Nikki's post on Sunday you probably noticed how she took a Valentine die and made it work for St. Patrick's Day. I love the way the CottageCutz dies are so veratile this way.
A few examples are:
Holiday die used for another holiday
Holiday die used for an everyday sort of project
Adapting a die to match your patterned paper
Using part of a die to accent another one
In my card below I used the CUPCAKE MINI die from the Valentine release and left the heart off but added sprinkles to match my patterned paper.
I used the tiny holes from the CIRCLES W/EYELETS die to make the sprinkles. I took a few scraps and ran them through my diecut machine and then popped out the holes over my cupcake that I had applied Glossy Accents to.
We'd love to hear from you and how you've adapted your CottageCutz dies to meet your needs on a project.
Have a great day!
Kay

4 comments:

Runnergirl Creations said...

Great card! I love all of the detailing! :) Blessings!

Lorie said...

VERY cute and creative, Kay! I love the contrast of the striped paper with the polka dotted bow! So sweet!

Hugs,
Lorie

Ruth Ellen said...

Great card!!

Janice W. said...

Cute card Kay!