Monday, April 09, 2012

Lilac Mom Card

 Spring has sprung at Cottage Cutz with a great new Spring Collection. This week I am doing a MOM card using the Cottage Cutz Flower Cluster, along with the Cottage Cutz Magnolia Doily die.
 This cluster of flowers looks like a cluster of Lilacs. The Cottage Cutz die comes with two size flower clusters and two leaf/stem clusters. You can mix and match to create any style cluster. I used a combination of Stickles and Glossy Accents on the edge of the doily. This gave a raised high gloss edge. The flowers were cut from three different shades of purple card stock and the leaves two shades of green. Than I used Copic markers to tint the flowers and leaves. I liked the Purple and Turquoise larger Rhinestones that I had to use on the bottom of the card. . . . . so I used a #B05 Blue and #V17 Purple Copic marker to tint the crystal mini rhinestones in the center of the flowers. **reminder that because or the reflection on the base of the rhinestone you do not need to tint the entire rhinestone just three quarters of the top. (this makes it easy to tint a rhinestone without coloring ink on the finished card). In this case I tinted  half of one side in blue and the other about a third in purple. Than switched up some of the color more or less on each jewel. This made them random in color.  The photo doesn't show well, but I tinted the edge of the card in purple to match the vertical ribbon.  
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Spring.   Barry

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Love the colors you chose for this card. Great layout too!

Janice W. said...

Very pretty!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is gorgeous Barry. Lilacs remind me of my Grandmother. She had them in profusion on the side of her house when I was going up. Through the spring we cut them and had arrangements inside the house that always smelled heavenly. This brought back memories. Beautifully done!

MiamiKel said...

Hi Barry! This is a breath of fresh air and a lovely, fresh burst of spring! This is just wonderful! tFS!

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful card Barry!! I love the Lilacs and they look very very pretty!!

Hugs,
Cheryl