Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sweet post

Hi all, Vladka here!
Today I have two cards for you. For both of them, I used dies from Sweet Love release. The first one is pink cake on old wooden cake pedestal. Now you already know me and you also know that Distress Inks are my best friends, when I´m coloring die cuts. This was not an exception. For wooden cake pedestal I also used white tempera to get this old look. But the most important was die and here I used Sweetheart Tiered Cake die. Cake was cut out several times and for lower part I used three of them: two were colored with pink and to all of them I made scallop borders and glued them together.
The second one is bowl full of strawberries and for this one I used Strawberry Delight die.  Bowl is cut out and stamped with little flowers. For background I used another die: Sweet Love Frame. The inside part of the die cut, which is actually die scrap, is really nice piece of paper with nice border and I didn´t want to throw it away, so I used it as background. I just stamped on it with gingham pattern stamp. And I also used die cut behind the bowl. Strawberries are colored with Distress Inks.
This is it for today. Have a sweet day!



4 comments:

Simko said...

Beautiful cards,Vladka! What a clever way to use the inside scrap cut peace from the Sweet Love Frame die and use it as a layer for Strawberry Delight. I love the cake too.
Hugs,
Simona

Olena said...

Beautiful cards!!!! Love the colors and dies!!! Great job!

Kathy said...

Both cards are beautiful, Vladka! I just love the little bowl of strawberries! Blessings! Kathy

Cheryl Walker said...

Super SWEET cards Vladka, love them both, and the dies you used! Beautiful!!!
Hugs
Cheryl